Reflexology is such a powerful modality, there have been many studies on its benefits and a review of 168 research studies found that reflexology can increase blood flow to organs, enhance organ function, lower high blood pressure, reduce anxiety, cause positive changes in brain wave patterns, and reduce pain linked to arthritis, kidney stones, and diabetic neuropathy. It can alleviate the pain of migraines and tension headaches and other forms of chronic and acute pain. Over the 20 or so years that I have offered reflexology, I have seen so many positive effects that really reiterate the power of this modality but don’t take my word for it, come and give it a try for yourself.
Here are some of the benefits of reflexology:
- Aids deep relaxation – reflexology has been shown to slow down your heart rate and breathing, encouraging deep breathing and reducing stress, depression and feelings of overwhelm.
- Boosts the immune system – it helps stimulate the lymphatic system so toxins are removed, boosting energy and strengthening our immunity.
- It increases blood flow bringing more oxygen to areas to heal and repair and release unwanted products.
- Improves circulation and reduces pain – reflexology stimulates over 7,000 nerves in the feet and open and clears neutral pathways encouraging the body and brain to communicate better. It can also interrupt pain pathways and reduce pain from headaches and backache and beyond.
- Promotes wellbeing and harmony – the body is always trying to get back to a state of harmony and when we are stressed our bodies become more susceptible to illness and disease.
- Reflexology reduces stress, provides total relaxation, helps to stimulate the production of endorphins and helps us reach a greater sense of wellbeing, vitality and harmony in our whole system, mind, body and emotions.
I completed my training as an Aromatherapist and massage therapist in Sydney in 1997 and the year later completed my reflexology training. I continued with my learning and knowledge by attending day and weekend workshops with renowned teachers and my experiences of offering these modalities since my training.
- Head/Hand Massage and Sound Treatment – 1 hour/ £40
- Head/Feet Massage and Sound Treatment – 1 hour/ £40
- Reflexology – 1 hour treatment, finishing with a lymphatic drainage massage on the feet – £40
- Sound Healing – 1 hour session £40 (can be a soundbath or physical use of Himalayan singing bowls placed on the body or a combination)
Head – a deeply relaxing face, head and neck massage using a light oil with the beautiful aromas of essential oils chosen individually for you. This is so good to release tension in the face, jaw and the neck, helpful if you suffer headaches, earache, lockjaw and discomfort in the jaw. It’s a natural facelift, bringing blood flow to the skin so it becomes radiant,
glowing and helps reduce puffiness. It can be very helpful for sinus problems as long as it’s not infectious or acute.
Hand – our hands are invaluable, they are how we connect with the world and ourselves, we give blessing and express with our hands. We don’t give them much attention unless we injure them or they are hurt, change this by having gentle yet deep treatment for the hands. Massaging the hand, fingers and wrist is fabulous for reducing pain associated with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy or overworked muscles and joints. It can improve circulation, reduce stress and anxiety and increase hand strength.
Sound Therapy – I place Himalayan singing bowls on your body especially around the heart and digestive areas or just above/ around the body and play them, the sound and vibrations emitted from these magnificent bowls can have profound effects on the mind, body and spirit bringing you back into coherence and harmony.
I also use rattles and chimes to clear disruptive energy. This use of sound and vibrations can help bring relief to digestive problems, stress and stress related conditions and sleeping difficulties.
Feet – Our feet tirelessly take us on adventures and journeys, our movements are initiated by our feet to walk, run and dance and it’s how we connect to the earth, our home. I believe that happy feet equate to a happy person. Foot massage stimulates your muscles and joints, improves circulation, lessens stiffness and tension and can eliminate pain. It calms and soothes our nerves and helps with stress and anxiety.
I also use reflexology pressure points, see the benefits of reflexology for further information.